Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blog 1 - Introduction


Hello, my name is Logan Haman and I am an Industrial Engineering major.  Growing up, I have always been somewhat of a problem solver so, upon learning of Industrial Engineering, it seemed like the perfect fit.  I have a very logical mentality and typically never tend to make irrational decisions.  I am a very opinionated individual, but will always listen and respect other’s opinions as well.  I believe that to argue something, you must know more about your opponent’s argument than even your own.  By understanding the complete point of the opposition, you are able to use your knowledge to refute the argument in your favor and persuade the other person of your beliefs.  Many beliefs people hold tend to come from the foundation of their morals.  I consider myself to be a very morally sound individual and will often not budge in an argument attempting to uproot some of my firmer beliefs.  With that being said, I am not one-sided when it comes to my personal views.  As a human being, I understand many of my personal beliefs are flawed and the logic I use to back those views is skewed, but they are still beliefs I hold onto and cherish. I also consider myself to be a very reasonable person.  I am able to effectively weigh the opinions of both sides of a disagreement and present a reasonable compromise or formulate an opinion of my own that may also be argued.

Overall, I believe myself to be very sensible.  I love anything to do with the outdoors and have pretty much grown up on the lake.  I come from a very down to earth family and have always been incredibly involved in family activity.  Through all the trials and tribulations, I know that my family will always be there for me.  My parents are great examples of the person I would love to grow up to be, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you, Logan! Great introduction to yourself and the values that distinguish you, especially as they relate to reasoning and rhetoric.

    ReplyDelete