Monday, November 12, 2012

Blog 7 - Topic Consideration


At this point in time, I still have no idea what to write about for our third writing assignment.  I've been thinking about many different topics since the assignment was given, but have been procrastinating writing this blog because I do not even have a vague idea of what I would be interested in writing about.   I have considered many different television series, movies, and household services, but when faced with the challenge of writing about them, I have not been able to establish a decent topic.  Throughout this process, I have ruled out many popular titles such as: Burn Notice, Suits, American Chopper, Criminal Minds, Mythbusters, Sons of Guns, Pawn Stars, The Avengers, Taken one and two, and countless other movies and television shows.  As for services, Netflix stood out to me as a fairly decent topic, but I decided it was probably too common and would easily bore the audience.  With all of that being said, my main consideration for this assignment is the television series Gold Rush on Discovery Channel.  The show allows a glimpse into the life of a modern day gold miner.  I believe that some people may misunderstand this series as a production purely for viewer entertainment.   Although the purpose of any television show is to grab and hold the attention of viewers, this series has showed that the American dream is still alive and well.  A man can still risk it all for the hope of a better future.  When the series started, it followed a group of down-on-their-luck men who decided to leave everything in pursuit of gold in the Alaskan Klondike.  Their first season is full of mishaps and letdown, but the viewer is able to see this group of men grow together and eventually earn the title of Alaskan Gold Miners.  While Gold Rush is currently my most probable writing topic, that could still very well change in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment